Omega-3 is a type of saturated fat that contribute immensely to the health of your body cells and are a vital part of your nutrition. Human body is capable of producing most of the required fats. But Omega-3s are essential fats that our body cannot produce. So, we need to consume foods that can provide our body with these essential fats. These foods include fish oils, chia seeds, flax seeds, flaxseed oil, and walnuts.
Alternatively, you can consume Omega 3 fish oil that boosts the health of your heart, lungs, and blood vessels.
The 3 most important types of omega-3 fatty acids are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). Among all of them, ALA is mainly found in
plants, whereas DHA and EPA are found in marine foods and algae. Each of these three components contain various health and nutritional benefits that we will be discussing in this blogpost.
How EPA and DHA contribute to our health?
EPA and DHA contain nutritional elements that provide your body the ability to enhance your immune response. Omega-3 helps to reduce inflammation and elevate your mood. EPA and
DHA help to prevent heart disease as well as vision-related issues. These contents have the power to strengthen your cell and are also considered
as an energy source.
Importance & nutritional benefits of Omega-3:
1) Benefits your heart health:
Omega 3 fatty acids possess cardioprotective quality making them a perfect diet for good health.They help in lowering the level of triglycerides that directly reduce chances of stroke. Research reveals that it improves irregular heartbeats. It also has brain-boosting elements that keep a person away from a thrombotic stroke.
2) Improves your mood: When you regularly consume omega-3 supplements, it releases serotonin, a chemical that stabilizes your mood and improves social interaction. It is a happiness chemical that can prevent depression. Consuming regular amounts of omega-3 supplements reduce brain inflammation, keeps a person healthy and happy. It helps to make faster decisions.
3) Improves immunity: The regular consumption of fatty acids helps to fight regular flu and virus. It has anti-inflammatory properties that contribute in building our immunity.
2) Memory booster: The omega 3 supplements assist in building your brain and nerve cell. It boosts your memory by improving brain function and helps to give a kick start to your nerve cells that indirectly improve your performance.
5) Improves eye and skin health:
Research proves that omega-3 supplements prevent dry eyes and improves vision power. It helps in maintaining healthy appetite and nourishes your skin. These supplements repair damaged skin and restore cells to keep your skin safe from irritation and redness.
How much omega-3 should be consumed daily? Omega 3 fish oil or Omega-3 veg oil improve your overall health and mental happiness.
The amount of daily consumption of omega-3 varies according to age,
sex and various health aspects. Most health organizations advise daily consumption of 250-300 mg though it is suggested to not consume more than 3g of omega-3 per day. Consult your healthcare provider before you decide the amount omega-3 supplements to consume.It is most likely that you are not getting enough of omega-3 from your diet. Right from children to old aged individuals, everyone requires the requisite amount of omega-3 to boost our overall health and wellbeing.
Höhner helps to balance your health and lifestyle with nutritional supplements whose ingredients are sourced from mother nature. Our products are formulated to match your evolving lifestyle.
Visit our website to know more about our nutritional supplements.
Höhner cares for your health and happiness.